Hello there sunshine! You 'May-ed' it-- it's finally May!!! Summer is almost here. Here is a delicious recipe that's fresh, healthy & delicious.
VEGAN QUINOA & VEGGIE STUFFED PEPPERS
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of veggie stock
- 6 small bell peppers , mixed colors, seeded and halved
- 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, also extra for drizzling
- 4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 small firm eggplant, trimmed off half of the skin and chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 small to medium firm zucchini. seeded and chopped
- 1 fresh chile pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed pepper
- 1/2 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes
- Bring Quinoa & stock to a boil
- Cover & simmer until liquid is absorbed and grain looks translucent (12 to 15 minutes makes 4 cups of cooked grain )
- Drizzle bell pepper with extra virgin olive oil and season both sides with pepper. Roast and cut side down until the skins begin to char & peppers are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Then arrange in a baking dish, cute side-up.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add garlic, eggplant, zucchini, onions and chiles and season with pepper.
- Cook partially covered (10-12 minutes).
- Add herbs & tomatoes then combine with quinoa.
- Fill pepper halves with mixture